Request a Proposal

How To Protect Your Intellectual Property in the Cloud

September 21, 2020

How To Protect Your Intellectual Property in the Cloud

If your business is using a SAAS (software as a service) company, like Google or Microsoft for cloud storage, you need to know that they do NOT guarantee your cloud data integrity. We work hard to protect our client’s data because it is their most valuable asset, but we know not everyone is taking the same precautions. We recognize the importance of cloud data protection, and help our clients implement ways to protect your intellectual property in the cloudfrom hackers, ransomware, employee error, and disaster.

If you are thinking about cloud storage or have already migrated your business’s data to the cloud, some insights and tips to avoid a potential catastrophe:

1. 1 in 3 companies using SAAS cloud storage lose data.
Losing cloud data is a common experience, not something that happens occasionally. There is a 33% chance that you will lose your cloud data. If you want to be a part of the 67% that doesn’t lose their data, you need to take steps to both protect and secure it. The first step is learning about the cloud’s vulnerabilities and how to protect them by attending our webinar.

2. You aren’t protecting your data from RansomCloud.
There are new forms of cyberattacks being developed every day. Just like how sicknesses will adapt to become immune to the medicines and treatments we develop, hackers constantly rework and re-target their attacks to circumvent our security defenses. In our webinar, you will learn about this new attack, Ransomcloud, and how to protect against it.

3. You don’t know what the Shared Responsibility Model is.
Though you may think your SAAS cloud storage provider is responsible for protecting your data, they believe data protection is a shared responsibility. In our webinar, we will make sure you are clear on your responsibilities and teach you how to uphold them.

4. You haven’t read your cloud storage provider’s user agreement thoroughly.
Not a lot of people really read those long user agreements thoroughly. We will be drawing attention to some specific terms and conditions so that you know exactly what you signed up for and why you will need to augment your cloud services with data backup and protection.


Recent Posts

Get Weekly IT News 
& Technical Tips!

''The Masthead" is a weekly email series published by the "Z Team" and is a valuable resource for helpful technical tips & important cybersecurity and IT news that is delivered to your inbox weekly!
Sign Up

Access Our RFP 
Templates & Resources

The "Z Team" is dedicated to providing the best IT service and support service available and our "Zephyr Academy" is designed to help you and your staff improve their technical skills!
Access RFP Resources

Register For Our
Monthly Webinar Series

Join the "Z Team" for Webinar Wednesday the last week of each month as we offer up some important news and helpful tips
on variety of IT related topics!

Register Here

Are You Looking for Better
IT Service & Support?

Zephyr Networks is a top Managed IT Services Provider offering award-winning support in Laguna Hills, Newport Beach, Irvine, Santa Ana, Anaheim, and throughout Orange County and Long Beach, CA.

Let's Talk!  We would love to hear from you!
Request a Proposal
phonecrossmenuarrow-down linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram